Rising prices means longer loan terms and larger monthly payments. An accident or repair could cost you more than you imagined. Consider whether or not you are adequately protected with auto insurance alone.
GAP—Guaranteed Asset Protection
If your vehicle is stolen, accidentally damaged beyond repair or otherwise declared an insured total loss, your auto insurance will only pay for the current value of the vehicle. If you owe more on your vehicle than it’s worth, you remain liable for payment of the difference between the insurance settlement and your loan balance. This deficiency can easily amount to thousands of dollars; money that comes out of your pocket for a vehicle that you are unable to drive.
GAP (Guaranteed Asset Protection) is an affordable way to fill the gap. For just a few dollars a month, you can protect yourself against this kind of unexpected expense.
- Protection for the term of your loan
- Covers vehicles valued up to $100,000
- Covers RV values up to $125,000
- Payment of benefits up to $50,000
- Available for New or Used Vehicles, Watercraft and RVs
- Covers $1,000 of replacement vehicle amount if financed at Blue Flame
Not sure if GAP is for you? Give it a try for 90 days. During those 90 days, you can cancel your protection and your premium will be refunded with no penalty.
Considering adding GAP Protection to a new or existing loan? Read more about GAP Protection or contact a Blue Flame loan representative at 1-888-258-3352.
Mechanical Repair Coverage
As your vehicle ages, the risk and cost of repairs increases along with it. When your vehicle’s manufacturer’s warranty has expired or if it doesn’t cover certain mechanical problems, you could be stuck with some unexpected expenses over and above your vehicle loan. Repairs can be expensive. That’s why adding MEMBER’S CHOICE Mechanical Repair Coverage (MRC) to your loan is a smart financial decision. MRC pays the cost of covered repairs less any deductible. With three different coverage levels and deductibles to choose from, there’s a plan to fit your family’s budget.
- New & Used Vehicles—through 15 model years with up to 150,000 miles
- Good at any authorized repair facility in the US or Canada
- Rental Reimbursement
- 24 Hour Emergency Roadside Assistance
- No out of pocket expense, except deductible and any exclusions
- Transferable, if vehicle sold privately
- Can be canceled
60 Day Free Look
Not sure if GAP is for you? Give it a try for 60 days. During those 60 days, you can cancel your protection and your premium will be refunded with no penalty.
Considering adding Mechanical Repair Coverage to a new or existing loan? Read more about Mechanical Repair Coverage or contact a Blue Flame loan representative at 1-888-258-3352
Mechanical Repair Coverage – In Case of Breakdown
In the event of a breakdown, contact 24 Hr Roadside Assistance at 1-866-603-5420.
For claims in all states except Florida, call 1-800-752-6265. Claims inside the state of Florida, call 1-800-621-2130.
MRC Claims process:
- Member arranges to have vehicle taken to an authorized repair facility
- Member authorizes the repair facility to perform necessary diagnosis and get a repair estimate
- Call CUNA Mutual Group Claims and obtain a repair authorization number prior to beginning any repairs covered by the policy/agreement.
- After repairs complete, member pays the required deductible and the cost of any repairs not covered by the policy/agreement. The repair facility bills the Administrator and the Administrator pays the repair facility directly for authorized repairs.
For questions other than Roadside Assistance and Claims, call Member Services at 1-888-557-8955.